I’ll admit that this kale & brussel sprouts salad recipe is a spin off of a salad that is currently popular at a restaurant near you. Who was it that said that copying was the sincerest form of flattery? The mixture of fresh ingredients makes it sweet, and crunchy, and healthy all in one bowl.
This Vegan Kale & Brussel Sprouts Recipe is:
- an easy plant-based meal
- full of flavor and kick
- a great recipe that you can prepare in a flash
Vegan Kale & Brussel Sprouts Salad Recipe
- 2 cups kale greens rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh brussel sprouts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans crushed or broken
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine the vinegar, syrup and spices in a small bowl with a whisk (or a fork) and set them aside.
- The pecans can be crushed with a rolling pin in a Ziploc bag for a fine crush, or broken up by hand to make larger pieces. You can also find bags of crushed pecans in the baking section at the grocery store.
- In a larger bowl, gently toss the salad ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!