It is time for another delicious LeanGreenDad taco variation, this time, we’re bringing you a deconstructed taco.. aka the taco bowl! These taco lunch bowls are super tasty and loaded with bold flavors. Best of all, you get ALL of the taco with NONE of the cleanup! Feel free to add your favorite toppings and customize it to you and your family’s preference!
These Taco Lunch Bowls are:
- a great vegan meal
- extremely easy and quick to make
- loaded with flavors and quality nutrients
Taco Lunch Bowls Recipe
Adjust the recipe however you'd like to fit your exact goals! See below for options. Also feel free to add corn, tomato, green onion and anything else you absolutely love!
- 1 8 oz pkg microwave or boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 12 oz pkg frozen Gardein beef crumbles skip if on a whole food, plant-based diet
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup plant-based cheese shreds skip if on whole food, plant-based diet
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the rice, beef crumbles, black beans, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt for ten minutes, stirring often.
- Divide the beans and rice into four bowls and top with the salsa, fresh chopped cilantro, and the cheese shreds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!