Everyone needs a little treat every now and then, so that’s why I have put together this wonderfully sweet treat just for you. If it’s strawberry season for you, you must get out and grab a ton of them. Two containers from the store should do it for this recipe! The combination of flavors really makes for a refreshing treat for you and yours!
Prep Time: 7 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Total Time: 37 minutes (plus two hours in the fridge)
15-20 fresh strawberries (rinsed and drained)
1 cup of plain almond yogurt (Kite Hill makes a great brand)
1. Combine the pie crust mix and the coconut oil well, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie or tart pan. (If you are trying to save time, look for a pre-made crust that fits for your family, then skip to step 3)
2. Bake the crust in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine your lemon juice and agave or maple syrup.
5. When the pie crust is cool, spread the cup of almond yogurt evenly over the pie crust. Layer the berries over yogurt, and then spoon the lemon and agave mixture over the berries.
6. Cover the tart with plastic wrap and allow it to cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
*Health Watch! This recipe contains non-GMO coconut oil. While many oils are non-GMO, all oils are high in saturated fat, calorically dense, and should be limited or eliminated to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Cory Warren is a husband, father of three, and vegan athlete who helps busy families eat more plant-based foods! His blog, Lean Green DAD, helps over-scheduled, busy people (mostly parents) maintain a healthy balance of plant-based nutrition, fitness, and overall wellness so they can go the extra mile for their families.