These savory waffles are the twist you never knew you needed. They have so many different flavors and seasonings come together in perfect harmony to make your taste buds dance with joy! Finally…a socially acceptable form of dinnertime waffle consumption!
This Savory Garden Waffles Recipe is:
- a great vegan meal
- amazing and easy to make
- extremely filling and satisfying
Savory Garden Waffles Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1/4 cup finely ground flax seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup fresh yellow squash diced
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato diced
- 1/4 cup fresh onion diced
- non-stick spray
- fresh arugula
- fresh sliced scallions
- plant-based buttery spread
- Combine the pancake mix, water, flax seeds, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl.
- Then allow it to rest for five minutes before adding the vegetables.
- Gently fold the vegetables into the waffle dough mixture.
- Set the waffle iron to medium-high heat and coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray before cooking each waffle for 3-5 minutes until they are all golden brown.
- Serve the waffles warm over a bed of arugula, and top them with plant-based butter and fresh sliced scallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!