This mushroom leek soup is so rich and creamy, but the flavors are light and simple. It pairs perfectly with a quiet evening at home. Maybe put the kids to bed early and enjoy this one with a glass of red wine. You deserve it!
This Mushroom Leek Soup Recipe is:
- an easy recipe that is a part of our plant-based meal plans
- a soup that will fill you up, but won’t fill you out
- perfect as a comfort food, that will become one of your favorites
- perfectly paired with a glass of wine (because you earned it)
Mushroom Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 leeks
- 4-5 large Crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the leeks carefully before removing the tops and bottoms, then cut the leeks lengthwise and look for any additional silt. If you see a bit of dirt inside of the leek, just gently rinse it out before slicing the leeks crosswise into small strips.
- Rinse and dry the mushrooms and then pop out the caps before slicing the caps of the mushrooms.
- In a medium sized pot, sauté the leeks in the water, over medium heat, for five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, milk, broth, and coriander, adjust the heat to medium-high, and allow the soup to come to a gentle boil.
- Boil the soup for three minutes before removing it from the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!