Vegan tomato soup at it’s best. This creamy vegan tomato soup recipe is exactly what you have been looking for. Satisfying and perfect with a grilled cheese or by itself. A great addition to your plant-based family. In this easy vegan meal, the white rice and almond milk help to give the creamy consistency you’ve been looking for. Make sure to stick to unsweetened almond milk so you don’t have any added sweet taste, etc. I know our family always has a problem by accidentally using our little guy’s vanilla almond milk rather than the unsweetened and it sometimes gives you that “hmm something’s not right” type of feeling. Made the right way, this recipe will sing for you. Have a blast making it with your kiddos!
This creamy vegan tomato soup with rice recipe is:
- a great addition to your easy vegan meals that uses instant rice (but you can always make it from scratch if you have the time)
- a comfort food, especially when paired with a grilled cheese (vegan of course)
- a great idea for lunch or dinner for your plant-based family
Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup with Rice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups microwaveable white rice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- Over medium-high heat, in a medium sized pan, cook the tomato sauce, almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and basil for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the rice according to the directions in the microwave, then spoon it into bowls to serve.
- Salt and pepper the soup to taste.
- Pour the hot soup into bowls over the rice.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!