These delicious vegan carrot cake pancakes may change the way you and your family look at breakfast…FOREVER! In addition to being extremely tasty, they can be made in no time. You can use boxed carrot cake or spice cake mix to get those warm flavors we all know and love! The shredded carrots and shaved coconut give the pancakes a delightful texture.
This Vegan Carrot Pancakes Recipe is:
- part of a plant-based diet
- an easy recipe to make
- going to be asked to be made a lot
Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes Recipe
- 1 15 oz box carrot cake or spice cake mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Thai style coconut cream plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup shaved coconut
- powdered sugar to taste
- Grind the flax seeds into a fine powder by using a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, combine the flax seeds and water and allow them to sit for a few minutes.
- Add in the cake mix, carrots, and coconut cream. Make sure to reserve the rest of the coconut cream for your topping.
- In a large non-stick pan or on a griddle, cook the pancakes over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they have set.
- Plate the pancakes while they are hot and top with coconut cream, shredded coconut, and powdered sugar.
I also recommend keeping the coconut cream in the refrigerator and returning it to the fridge while you make your pancakes. It softens quickly and melts when exposed to low heat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!