This White Bean Parsnip Soup Recipe is:
- an easy plant-based meal.
- a great way to introduce parsnips to a picky eater.
- a hearty and filling dish.
White Bean Parsnip Soup Recipe
- 1 12-15 oz can white beans well rinsed & drained
- 2 medium parsnips peeled & sliced
- 5 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tsp coriander
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- to taste salt & freshly ground black pepper
- After peeling and rinsing the parsnips, remove the tops and bottoms, then slice them into bite-sized pieces. Be cautious that they are a little more firm than carrots.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook the beans, coriander, and the parsnips in your choice of plant based milk for 10-12 minutes.
- Make sure that the soup maintains a gentle boil while it is cooking.
- At ten minutes: test a parsnip by piercing it with a knife. If the knife goes in easily, you are ready to go. If the parsnip is resistant, the soup will need a little more time.
- When the parsnips are soft, salt and pepper the soup to taste and garnish with fresh parsley to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!