Put a twist on the fan-favorite classic comfort dish! This vegan pumpkin chili is amazing and full of so many bold flavors. The addition of pumpkin to this traditional dish adds so much depth and character. It’s simple to make and it’s the perfect dish to make in bulk! This makes it the perfect dish to add to your plant-based family’s meal plan!
This Vegan Pumpkin Chili Recipe is:
- an excellent vegan option
- a great comfort food
- perfect when you want something hearty, but nutritious
Vegan Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- 1 medium white onion peeled & diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & minced
- 3 celery ribs cleaned & diced
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can red beans rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
In a large saucepan sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in a couple of tablespoons of water - over medium heat - for five minutes - stirring often.
Add the tomato sauce, pumpkin, beans, and chilies and stir well.
Add the four cups of water to the chili and stir well, then add the spices and stir them in before reducing the heat to low.
Cover the chili and allow it to simmer - covered - for 30 minutes.
Serve piping hot!