I love pancakes. In fact, when we went vegan more than a decade ago, I was the most worried about them the most. This is the first actual plant-based pancake recipe that I have found that just plain works. The cakes are naturally a bit softer, but they taste amazing. I wouldn’t change a thing. Keep in mind that your griddle needs to be nice and hot to get things going. This vegan pancake recipe is one that you should add to your weekly plans because my entire family loves them.
This Pancake Recipe Is 100% Plant-Based
The words vegan and plant-based can often times be used together, but there is a difference. Vegan food, in my opinion, can include junk food. For instance, Oreos are vegan. You can make vegan pancakes that include oil, but these pancakes have none. They are more plant-based. True plant-based diets consist of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, beans, and whole grains. This recipe will leave you feeling satisfied, but not bloated. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does.
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Like:
Vegan Pancake Recipe - Lean Green DAD
- 1 cup flour we prefer whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup plant-based milk cashew, almond, or oat
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, folding the ingredients in. Go in order of the ingredients list.
- Warm your skillet or griddle and place your pancake batter on to cook your pancakes. Remember, no oil in the pancakes might make them a bit more sticky, so you might want to use a tiny bit of coconut oil spray on your griddle or a non-stick pan to ensure your flapjacks don't stick.