I never would have thought that I would love these vegan cheesy-dog wontons, as much as I do, but they are so good. We are all about the unexpected deliciousness for this one, folks! The kids will have a blast creating this quick and easy fun-food recipe. Putting cheese and a vegan hot dog inside of a wonton just became your new favorite thing. Trust me, take the risk. It’s totally worth it.
These Vegan Cheesy-Dog Wontons Are:
- an easy vegan meal for kids
- a fun recipe that takes less than 15 minutes to make
- such a great combination of flavors
- a great treat for someone who is trying to adopt a plant-based diet slowly
- perfect for sports events at home
Vegan Cheesy-Dog Wontons
- wonton wrappers use as many wrappers as wontons you anticipate to eator maybe a few more
- plant-based hot dogs one dog yields about twelve bite-sized slices
- plant-based cheese shreds the cheddar variety is the favorite in our house
- a small saucer of water for sealing the wontons
- your favorite dipping sauce(s)
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350°F.
- First, slice the not-dogs into bite sized pieces.
- On a clean dry surface, spread out the wonton wrappers, where you will have space to work.
- Gently sprinkle the cheese into the center of each wonton wrapper and place a slice of the not-dog on top.
- Dip your finger into the saucer of water and then swipe all four sides of the flat wonton wrapper to moisten them.
- Fold the wonton diagonally, seal the sides together, and then fold over both long ends into the center of the wonton.
- Seal the folded ends as well with just a little more water, then place each wonton on a baking sheet.
- This technique takes a little learning to get a handle on. My first few wontons looked a little messy, but I picked up the technique easily after my first few tries.
- Bake the wontons in the oven for 7-10 minutes, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!