Vegan Beanie Weenies are fun! Sometimes it is just nice to be able to recreate comfort foods from your childhood. Maybe you can surprise and impress your kiddos by serving them a meal that they have never heard of before! Either way, this beanie-weenie recipe is sure to hit the spot, and you can have it ready in a flash!
A Vegan Beanie Weenie Recipe Your Kids Will Love
If you’re in a bind, not sure what to make for lunch, and are looking for some protein for your kiddos, these vegan weenies will save the day! With a can of baked beans and some vegan hot dogs, your arsenal is complete. But there are lots of quick and easy recipes for your plant-based family. For instance, if you are short on time, you gotta check out these additional vegan recipes:
Vegan Beanie Weenies!
- 1 can vegan baked beans aka "Beanie"
- 4-6 veggie hot dogs aka "Weenies"
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish chopped
- Slice the non-meat hot dogs into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan, leaving the parsley aside.
- Cook the beanie-weenie over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls, top with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!