The 15-Minute Dark Chocolate Vegan Chili
You’ve Been Waiting For
Can you really add chocolate to a vegan chili recipe? You bet you can! In this recipe, we take a traditional chili and flip it right on it’s head. In just fifteen minutes, you can throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot that mixes perfectly together and end up with a dinner your family will crave for days. The great news is that the leftovers will last for a few days, so you can help their dreams come true by having access to more chili whenever they want!
A Great Tasting Veggie Chili Your Kids Will Love
There are lots of veggie chili or even vegetarian crockpot chili recipes out there, but none of them can be made in fifteen minutes. The biggest challenge for me as a busy dad to a plant-based family with three hungry kids is making something that everyone will love. It has been shown by some expert somewhere that when kids help make the food, they are more likely to eat it. When chocolate is involved, even more so. You might think that the chocolate part of this recipe is a bit strange, but trust me, it makes everyone happy.
The key to adding the chocolate is to make sure you add it at the very end right before you serve the finished product to your family. If you put the chocolate in with everything else you might end up with a burnt chocolate taste and no one wants that!
Three Bean Dark Chocolate Vegan Chili
- 1/4 cup Water or Veg Broth
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolatechips
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 30 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Frozen Corn
- 15 oz Can Red Kidney Beans
- 15 oz Can Black Beans
- 15 oz Can Pinto Beans
- 2 bags Steam-In-Bag Brown Rice
- Heat water/veg broth in a soup pot over high heat. Add all veggies, including peppers, onion, and garlic. Then add chili powder, coriander, cumin, and oregano.
- Cook until onions soften (about 2-minutes) and then stir in your tomatoes, corn, and beans.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate in so it is nice and melty. That's it! Season with salt and pepper, and add a hearty scoop on top of your rice and enjoy!