This sweet potato carrot soup only has a few ingredients, but the combination of tastes makes the soup sing to everyone in the house. I highly recommend you invest in a good sweet potato for this one. They have a few specialty sweet potatoes out there, especially in our favorite grocery store, Whole Foods Market. The creaminess is what it’s all about and finding a good plant-based milk will take this recipe to another level. Look below in the ingredients to see which one we love the most!
The sweet potatoes we selected for this recipe had a butterscotch sweetness to it that really finished off the soup nicely. It only takes a few minutes to place the ingredients into a pot and then you just let it simmer until it is ready to be added to the Vitamix!
This Sweet Potato Carrot Soup Recipe:
- only has a few ingredients (which your kids will love)
- can be made in just a few minutes
- is a set it and forget it type of recipe
- can be made even more creamy with the right plant-based milk
Smooth Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. onion powder yes, you saw correctly...that is a tablespoon
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 carrots diced
- 7 cups of vegetable stock add 1 cup of plant-based nut milk if you wish We love Elmhurst Milks!
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful of crushed cashews for garnish
In a large pot, combine all of the ingredients and cook over medium-high heat for 35 minutes*, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
Once ready, slowly spoon all of the cooked ingredients into your
and secure the lid. Blend your mixture, starting at a 1 setting and increasing all the way up to its highest speed. Blend for two total minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and add crushed cashews on top. Invite the kids to the table and enjoy!
*Short on time? To make the meal in just ten minutes, shove all the ingredients in your Instant Pot® pressure cooker on the steam setting for 10 minutes, and do a steam release and you're done! Blend and eat!