Applesauce has been a staple snack since I was a kid and is now a staple for my little ones. Some of the store-bought brands can be bland and full of unnecessary additives. This raspberry applesauce eliminates both of those issues because it can be made at home, which means you can add all of the stuff you know are good for you and the raspberry adds an amazing flavor to a traditional fan favorite. Your kids will love this new version of applesauce and you’ll love giving it to them knowing it’s full of nutrients and made with natural flavor!
This Raspberry Applesauce Recipe is:
- a great vegan snack/dessert option
- an alternative to boring regular applesauce
- very easy to make
Raspberry Applesauce Recipe
- 3 lbs tart apples rinsed, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1 pint red raspberries rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Add the water to a large pot and set the heat to medium.
- Add the apples to the pot as you get them rinsed, peeled, cored, and diced.
- Add the agave, salt, lemon and raspberries.
- Cover the mixture and continue cooking for fifteen to thirty minutes, opening the pot to stir the sauce every five minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat when the apples have started to break down and all of the liquid is gone.
- Allow the sauce to set for fifteen minutes before serving, or refrigerate and serve cold later.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!