I found crunchy chickpea snacks that were a bit pricey in a store and realized that I could easily make them myself for less. These chickpea snacks are only 2 to 3 ingredients, baked, oil free and a great healthy and filling, high protein and fiber snack that your whole family will enjoy!
This Onion & Garlic Chickpea Snacks Recipe is:
- oil free
- a portable snack
- quick and easy to make
- a healthy alternative to chips and crisps
Onion & Garlic Chickpea Snacks Recipe
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to bake at 400°F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the can of chickpeas, empty the chickpeas into a strainer and drain out the liquid, but DO NOT rinse the chickpeas.
- Transfer the chickpeas into a bowl, add the seasoning and toss the chickpeas in the seasoning to evenly coat them.
- Transfer the chickpeas onto the baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down for a minute or two. Eat right away as the chickpeas loose their crunchiness over time. Can be stored in a sealed container on the counter or in the fridge.
If you don't want any garlic you can use 1 tsp of onion salt seasoning blend.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!