When I heard the word “salad” before I started making them myself, I felt kinda sad! Not that the actual salad made me sad, but the thought of eating just a salad as my meal became rather depressing. Would this really fill me up for a full meal? Would I get enough protein? Well, I am happy to scream loudly YES as I share my favorite Mexican-inspired salad with you. This salad is best made in large bowls and can satisfy everyone at a party looking for a healthy option at the buffet. The colors are vibrant and appealing to almost everyone and the taste will blow you away! Your kids might be a bit resistant at first to eating salad due to the texture, but remember those marketing tips at the beginning of the book and they will be all set after a few tries. Don’t give up!
Mexican-Inspired, Plant-Based Salad
- One 1 large pack of Amy's Organic, triple-washed spinach or mixed greens of your choice
- Three 3 15oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Three 3 organic cucumbers washed, sliced, de-seeded and diced into small pieces
- Three 3 assorted organic peppers washed, sliced, de-seeded and diced into small pieces
- Two 2 bags of non-gmo, organic corn from the frozen section (let thaw or microwave for 2 minutes)
- A few onions of your choice for the top
- Choose your salad dressing (vegan if you can) and you are on your way to a salad that will entertain up to ten guests or last you for three or four days if you don't apply dressing to the entire salad all at once. Enjoy!