This easy vegan meal of water chestnuts & broccoli with mushrooms is full of awesome nutrition and a crunchy satisfaction for your plant-based family! The crunch of freshly-sliced water chestnuts is like no other. At our house, we prefer to buy them whole, peeled, and canned, rather than buy the sliced variety that you most often find in stores. When we slice them at home, we can typically get them much thinner, which makes them easier to eat.
This easy vegan meal of water chestnuts & broccoli with mushrooms recipe is:
- easy to make with only a few simple ingredients
- a great addition to your weekly plant-based meal plans
- vegan (dairy & egg-free)
- gluten-free & soy-free
- a great source of antioxidants
- a great recipe if you are looking for a plant-based diet for kids
Easy Water Chestnuts & Broccoli with Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 can water chestnuts drained & sliced
- 1 pkg sliced mushrooms
- 1 15 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 dash Sriracha sauce optional
In a medium-sized skillet, cook the mushrooms and water chestnuts over medium-high heat for three minutes.
Add the frozen broccoli, and continue cooking for five more minutes.
Add the sesame seeds, spices, and soy or aminos, and keep stirring until the dish is warm and well mixed.
Remove it from the heat.
Top with Sriracha Sauce, if you like it spicy, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.