This vegan, gluten-free, brown rice dressing is the perfect addition to your holiday meals and an excellent way to get fiber and protein all in one super side dish. Brown rice is not only an excellent source of whole grains, but also an amazing way to get the fiber your body needs to stay at its best. We typically make this brown rice recipe when we are looking for an added side to go with our full meal. We hope you love it!
Why Choose Brown Rice?
If you are looking to add some extra protein, fiber, whole grains, and all-around good stuff to your diet, the switch might be easier thank you think. By simply switching from white rice to brown rice, or at least incorporating it into your everyday life, you are adding a ton of nutritional awesomeness to your diet. Check out the crazy benefits just by boiling your brown rice instead of microwaving it with an oil-filled bag!
If you love brown rice, you gotta try these other brown rice recipes:
Simple Vegan Brown Rice Dressing
- 1 bag Steam-In-Bag Brown Rice
- 4 tbsps Vegetable Broth for skillet if needed
- 2 tsp Better Than Bullion Vegetable gluten free
- 1 whole Sweet Onion peeled & diced
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled & minced
- 4 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Cook brown rice in microwave according to directions.
- After rice is done, stir in the vegetable-based bouillon cube.
- In a large skillet, cook the onion and celery in some vegetable broth over medium heat, stirring often, until veggies become clear. This should take around ten minutes.
- Add the herbs, spices, and garlic and cook for antoher two minutes.
- Combine rice with skillet mixture. Add salt to taste and sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!