Usually, when I create a recipe, I give it a try and make sure it’s just right and then I feed it to my family. It only takes one try and it usually works! This time, though, I had to try it twice. Once with the pizza dough mix as it calls for and then once with the chocolate cake mix. Both are equally enjoyable and I know you will love each of them. Whatever you are in the mood for…a more overwhelming chocolatey-blueberry explosion or a traditional bread-like dessert…this recipe will not disappoint. Enjoy!
Warm Blueberry Banana Bread (Vegan)
- 1 Package Bob’s Red Mill 16 oz. Pizza Dough Mix see notes for a chocolatey modification
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Shortening - Softened This can be a vegetable oil of any kind. Coconut oil works well. I used Earth Balance vegan shortening. 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Agave Nectar
- 2 tbsp. Ground Flax Seeds
- In a large mixing bowl allow the yeast from the mix and the warm water to rest for ten minutes.
- Add the bananas to the bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Finely grind the flax seeds in the blender or food processor and add them to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until they are all well combined. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and allow to rest for twenty minutes.
- After twenty minutes lightly oil an 8x12in baking pan and then spread the dough evenly in the pan.
- Bake the bread in a 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Allow the bread to cool for ten minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Looking for some chocolatey fun? Try switching out the Bob's Red Mill Pizza Dough for Bob's Red Mill Chocolate Cake Mix. Works wonders!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!