Hummus is great to use as a dip for carrot sticks, celery or pita bread. Or you can use it as a spread on toast for a healthy and quick snack. This oil free beet hummus has an amazing and fun color with many health benefits for you and your active kids!
This Beet Hummus Recipe is:
- quick and easy to make in under 15 minutes!
- kid-friendly and fun to eat
- smooth and flavorful
- a healthy savory snack idea.
Beet Hummus Recipe
- ½ cup beets chopped, cooked, & boiled
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- juice squeezed from ½ of a fresh lemon
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- bread for toast, or vegetables to dip with
Place the beets, garbanzo beans, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder and salt into a blender, or a food processor, and blend until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
Serve with raw veggie sticks or pita bread or use as a spread on toast. Store in fridge.
This recipe is written for a single serving because it makes it simple to remember the amounts of ingredients needed. It is very easy to modify to serve as many as you have at your table.