I love lima beans, but the way they make them in greek restaurants always disagrees with my digestion. There’s always too much oil, or they cause heartburn… besides – my kid won’t touch them with a bargepole.
Here I was at home one afternoon, examining everything I had in the kitchen and figuring out how to make a healthy meal that a finicky 13-year old could be convinced to try. He has a strange weakness for soups (I know! How lucky am I!), and I always wanted to see how would this comfort food staple combine with coconut flavor, so this is what I threw together.
- 1 full cup of lima beans was set to pre-soak overnight and rinsed 3 times after (reduces chances of getting bloated for those that have that going for them)
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped to your liking
- ½ large, white onion, chopped to your liking
- 1 bunch of baby carrots (I just used a handful), chopped
- 4 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 generous tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
Miixthe ingredients in your Instant Pot, set for 10 minutes on manual, with natural pressure release and voila!
Enjoy and let us know what you added/changed that made it even better!