Greens are one of the hardest things to convince your little ones to eat, so as a busy parent, it’s always easier if you can mysteriously work them into recipes here and there. We use 1/4 cup of spinach in this magical recipe to help give your yummy pops a green tint! Spinach is wonderful for introducing your kids to greens because it has a very mild taste. In this recipe, you will never even know it’s there and you will be a hero when you offer dessert to your kiddos. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes, Blend Time: 2 minutes; Total Time: 7 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 8-10 pops
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of organic spinach
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 tbsp. of agave or Original Bee Free Honee
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (we love the Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. of peppermint extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips (again, we love the Enjoy Life brand)
1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
1. Blend coconut milk, spinach, mint leaves, agave, and peppermint extract to your favorite blender and hit blend for around two minutes. Any blender will do, but we love the Vitamix.
2. After you’ve achieved a good blend, add chocolate chips and pulse lightly, maintaining a few small chunks.
3. Use a funnel to pour your delicious blend into the popsicle molds and freeze for 6-8 hours overnight. Once ready, run some warm water over the mold to wiggle the pops out.
4. To add your chocolate drizzle, microwave the ingredients in :15 second increments until melty and smooth. Once cooled a bit, use a small sandwich bag to apply your drizzle by cutting a small corner in the bag and pouring back and forth over the pop. Use the bag like a pastry bag to dot or decorate your pops however you’d like and place them back in the freezer on a cookie sheet with parchment paper to let the chocolate freeze before devouring!