Breakfast usually starts with a smoothie for me, but I was looking for something slightly different. In some of my travels, I noticed that Jamba Juices in the airport were serving what they were calling “smoothie bowls” and it had me intrigued. I loved the idea of chewing my smoothie rather than just drinking it with a straw. Here it is!
Prep Time: 5 minutes, Blend Time: :45 seconds,
Total Time: 5 minutes and 45 seconds
- 10-12 oz. of water
- 1 scoop of Vega Bodacious Berry Smoothie Powder
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 cups of frozen berry blend berrires (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Coconut flakes to garnish
- Engine 2 Diet Plain Jane Granola (sold exclusively at Whole Foods Market)
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
1. Add all the “smoothie ingredients” listed above to your Vitamix or blender and slowly work your way up from the 1 setting all the way up to the 10 setting to get a thorough blend. Aim for a :45 second total blend in the Vitamix. If you’re worried about your smoothie being too liquidy, consider adding less water or adding more ice to the recipe.
2. Pour the delicious smoothie into a bowl of your choosing and add your “toppings” listed above (sliced bananas, granola, chia seeds, and coconut flakes along the top of your bowl). Enjoy!
The link above to Amazon is our affiliate link. If you choose to purchase, Amazon will throw us some loose commission change. Thank you so much for clicking if you are interested.
*Vitamix has compensated Lean Green DAD to talk about their amazing, life-changing blenders. For more details on what this means, please visit our disclosure page.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- A Dad’s Guide To The Perfect Mother’s Day Breakfast In Bed - April 21, 2017
- Jill McKeever: Bunny Ears & Simple Daily Recipes! - April 10, 2017
- Review: Inside The Beyond Burger – Why It’s So Good - April 8, 2017