This soup only has a few ingredients, but the combination of tastes makes the soup sing to everyone in the house. I highly recommend you invest in a good sweet potato for this one. They have a few specialty sweet potatoes out there, especially in our favorite grocery store, Whole Foods Market. The one we selected for this recipe had a butterscotch sweetness to it that really finished off the soup nicely. It only takes a few minutes to place the ingredients into a pot and then you just let it simmer until it is ready to be added to the Vitamix!
Prep Time: 8 minutes, Cook Time: 35 minutes, Total Time: 43 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. onion powder (yes, you saw correctly…that is a tablespoon)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 carrots, diced
- 7 cups of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of crushed cashews for garnish
1. In a large pot, combine all of the ingredients and cook over medium-high heat for 35 minutes*, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender. *Short on time? To make the meal in just ten minutes, shove all the ingredients in your Instant Pot® pressure cooker on the steam setting for 10 minutes, and do a steam release and you’re done!
2. Once ready, slowly spoon all of the cooked ingredients into your Vitamix Blender and secure the lid. Blend your mixture, starting at a 1 setting and increasing all the way up to its highest speed. Blend for two total minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add crushed cashews on top. Invite the kids to the table and enjoy!
The link above to Amazon is our affiliate link. If you choose to purchase, Amazon will throw us some loose commission change. Thank you so much for clicking if you are interested.
*Vitamix has compensated Lean Green DAD to talk about their amazing, life-changing blenders. For more details on what this means, please visit our disclosure page.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Elementary Students Use Bike-Powered Garden To Grow Food - March 22, 2017
- Orange Mango Bliss Smoothie - March 17, 2017
- Instant Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potatoes - March 9, 2017