The ingredients truly make the dish. I know that sounds obvious, but the right combination of ingredients can mean all the difference in the world when making a soup. This vegan minestrone soup is light, yet satisfying. The combination of flavors blend wonderfully and will remind you why all the hard work you did to make it at home really paid off. The prep time is simple…the hard part is the waiting while the amazing flavors blend and the aroma fills your house!
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 35 minutes, Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks of celery, cleaned and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- One 15oz. can of tomato juice
- One 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 8oz. of gluten-free, Tinkyada Brown Rice Elbow Pasta noodles
- One 15oz. can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- One 15oz. can of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large handfuls of freshly chopped baby spinach
- 1 tsp. coriander (sub for cumin if you don’t have coriander)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, simmer the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery in the vegetable broth for 20 minutes.
2. Add the tomato juice, diced tomatoes, dry pasta noodles, beans, spinach, and spices. Continue cooking for 20 more minutes.
3. Salt the soup to taste and serve topped with fresh parsley! Enjoy!