Last year, instead of traditional pumpkin pie, I made pumpkin pie popsicles! This year I found a great chocolate pumpkin pop recipe as a starting point and adjusted to my own taste. The original recipe was found on the Super Healthy Kids website, but I adjusted mine to make it vegan! I also added a bit more chocolate because it’s the holiday season and we can be a little indulgent.
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life vegan, mini-chocolate chips
1. Blend the top six ingredients together in a blender or with a spoon. Feel free to add more spices or sweetener to your taste preference.
2. Place a few of the mini chips in the bottom of your mold.
3. Using a funnel, fill your popsicle mold with your blended combo to about 1/3 full and then drop in more mini chips.
4. Fill the mold about 3/4 of the way and put a few more chips. Use a butter knife to mix the chips through. Then drop a few on the top and insert your sticks.
5. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
6. Remove from mold, by running under warm water for a few seconds.
7. Place on parchment paper and drizzle with some melted chocolate.
8. Return to freezer for a few minutes to allow drizzled chocolate to harden before serving. Enjoy!
Looking for the exact molds I use for my pops? Click HERE to find them on Amazon. I highly recommend it and the version with plastic lid (vs. metal lid) because it’s much easier to remove once the popsicles are frozen.
Popsicle Specialist at Lean Green DAD
Maile is a nonprofit professional in the arts world who also loves creating in the kitchen. She considers finding unique flavor combinations and new techniques an awesome hobby! Maile only uses fresh, seasonal ingredients and loves making sweet treats!