This sauce is always present in Mexican cuisine. You know it well! Like green sauce, it is very easy to make and quick to prepare. You can eat this pico de gallo with just a plain tortilla, on top of toast with some fresh avocado, in soups or salads. Red tomatoes are high in lycopene, which has excellent antioxidant properties to keep you on top of your game! This recipe has a few ingredients, but feel free to make it your own by adding whatever additional ingredients you’d like. Let your imagination fly!
- 2 red tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 white onion, chopped and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno or serrano peppers, depending on your temperature preference
- 1 small bunch of cilantro to taste, chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- A dash of pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
Simply mix all the ingredients together and enjoy! You can store this salsa in the fridge for up to three days. It is not recommended to freeze this salsa.