We recently had a chance to celebrate our ten year anniversary by taking a wonderful trip to upstate New York for an event called Plant Stock. While we were there, we met some amazing doctors and plant-based celebrities who all had one goal in mind…make the planet and ourselves better by incorporating more leafy greens, fruits, and veggies into our lives! With that in mind, we reached out to our friends at Ford, who let us drive the perfect car for the occasion…the all new 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Besides looking super cool, the car was actually very simple inside…which is something I truly loved. I feel like so many cars today are getting too many bells and whistles and it’s really confusing to drive. Upon my first time sitting in the car, everything seemed intuitive to me. The rotary gear shift and dual LCD panel was really sleek and we didn’t fill up the gas tank once on our whole trip (four full days/6 hours of drive time).
We stayed at a meditation retreat, which as you can imagine, was very quiet. Having the Ford Fusion Hybrid was perfect to respect the retreat and go along with the quiet vibe. The Ford representative who delivered the car to us mentioned that she now has to tell customers that the car is so quiet when it starts that you might think it’s broken…but it’s not! There’s actually a notification on the LCD panel that tells you the car is ready to drive! Super stealthy!
Take a look at the car in action by watching this quick video:
Our Favorite Features On The 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid:
- Quiet Start – There are lots of cars out there with push-button starts, but I have never heard a quieter start than this car. The way that the car switches from the battery to gas is incredibly quiet. Once you press the gas, it’s hard to believe that the car is actually on and moving!
- Rotary Gear Shift – The car is super easy to get into gear. All you have to do is spin the dial and you are on your way!
- Simplicity – The interior of this car makes it easy for anyone to get right in and drive it. With the dual LCD panels, you can truly see everything that’s going on with the car right in front of you, and that’s great. The radio, air conditioning, and power plugs are all easily accessible and easy to use.
- Regenerative Braking – With so much energy being used to brake, why not take some of that and put it right back into the car’s battery? That is exactly what Ford does! The regenerative braking feature enables the car to be even more energy efficient by taking 94% of the kinetic energy right back to the car’s internal battery to keep it going strong!
- Style & Affordability – The Fusion is incredibly affordable for all the features that it offers. I would definitely consider this car if you want a classy, roomy, quiet, energy-saving, overall awesome experience!
*Ford Motor Company let us borrow a 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid on our vacation so we could try it out! All opinions are our own! For more details on what this means, please visit our disclosure page.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Vegan Under Pressure With Jill Nussinow - May 22, 2017
- The Real Answer: Why Oil Is Not Healthy - May 18, 2017
- Kid Review: Matilda The Musical On Tour In Orlando! - May 12, 2017