Mindful Diabetic Robby!
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
Robby Barbaro is the Mindful Diabetic! He is helping those living with diabetes on a daily basis. As a type 1 diabetic himself, Robby has thrived on a whole-food, mostly fruit diet and understands what it takes to help folks manage their diabetes. Robby used to work for Forks Over Knives, which has seen incredible growth since he worked with them and now he continues to help others through his site mindfuldiabetic.com. Enjoy Robby’s spirit and passion for helping others and please share with anyone living with diabetes.
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- Visit the Mindful Diabetic online at: http://mindfuldiabetic.com/
- Robby is a type 1 diabetic, diagnosed around 12 years old.
- Upon receiving his diagnosis, Robby’s parents looked at type 1 diabetes as simply something that was an inconvenience and nothing more. It was never that big of a deal and he played competitive tennis and has been very active and health-conscious throughout this life.
- Robby grew up on a standard American diet and eventually got curious about herbal supplements. He was constantly learning and evolving. He calls it a small, slow progression. The big change for him came when he was in a book store buying “Cliff’s Notes” and a book fell off the shelf for him that changed his life. The book was Kevin Trudeau’s Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You To Know About. He read something that insinuated that type 1 diabetes could be reversed and it set him on a conquest!
- Robby’s outlook has always been on of being a pioneer. He likened him finding a way to reverse type 1 diabetes to a time when folks said that a human running a 4-minute mile was impossible. It has been done. Robby continues to try and find the way to reverse it, but for now he manages type 1 diabetes on a daily basis and lives a wonderful life.
- Someone suggested that he watch the movie “Earthlings.” He was already living a very healthy life, or so he thought. Earthlings is an animal rights movie and it floored him. He was sad that he did not know the information.
- Robby mentioned the movie “Raw For 30 Days” by Dr. Gabriel Cousens.
- Robby also mentioned Anthony William and his book: Medical Medium
- Follow Robby and Mindful Diabetic on Facebook HERE.
- Follow Robby and Mindful Diabetic on Instagram HERE.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Prebiotic or Probiotic? Which Is Best For Kids? - June 26, 2017
- Vegan Muscle Man Robert Cheeke! - June 21, 2017
- Drafted Into Fatherhood: From Waterboy to Quarterback - June 16, 2017