Personal Trainer - Ryan Oman - Summer Fit Tips!
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
Ryan Oman is a certified personal trainer from Boulder, CO. He trains some of the top athletes in the world. We invited him to come back to the show to share some quick tips with us to look as fit as possible for the upcoming summer months. We are excited to have him back and hope you will walk away with some great ideas for how you can whip yourself into shape for the summer.
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
1. Frequency of Meals – How often you eat your meals is just as important as what you eat. Think of your body as a fire and you want to keep that fire burning strong by continuing to give it food to burn. If you go longer than two or three hours without fueling your fire, your body will stop burning fat.
2. Quality Time In The Gym With High Intensity Workouts – Spend less time walking slow on the treadmill and do something that is going to kick your heart into a high gear for a short amount of time. Workout at a high intensity in intervals. Here is a workout from Men’s Health with a few high-intensity interval workouts for you to try: http://www.mensfitness.com/training/cardio/8-amazing-fat-burning-intervals
3. Make Yourself Accountable – Hire a trainer, find a group or get a partner to work out with to keep you accountable for your fitness. If you have someone who will help you stay on top of your goals and keep you in check, you will be all the better for it. Find a buddy to work out with that is slightly better than you and compete with each other.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Elementary Students Use Bike-Powered Garden To Grow Food - March 22, 2017
- Orange Mango Bliss Smoothie - March 17, 2017
- Instant Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potatoes - March 9, 2017