Smoothies are no doubt the easiest, most kid-friendly way for you and your children to get their fruits and veggies. With so many recipes out there, it can be overwhelming, so I wanted to share my go-to morning smoothie with you. This smoothie is my daughter’s favorite. My son’s favorite is chocolate, so I will post that one later, but my little girl absolutely loves her strawberry smoothie with breakfast. You will also see a product that I mention in the video called Green Vibrance. This product is absolutely wonderful and a tub of it will last you a good six months to a year. The scoops are small and contain all those vital veggies that can sometimes be hard to get into your kids (kale, spinach, beets). I am going to be honest, the Green Vibrance is NOT delicious by itself, but the good news is that a bit of maple syrup will mask the taste and your kids won’t even know it is in there!
- 1 scoop, Green Vibrance Powder
- 2 cups, Organic Frozen Strawberries (we used 365 brand from Whole Foods)
- 1 banana
- 10 oz. of filtered water
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Mix all the ingredients together in a blender and serve chilly. Have a picky eater that doesn’t like smoothies? I know this is going to sound crazy, but give them a treat to look forward to! If I can get my kid to drink a whole bunch of organic strawberries and a scoop of green stuff that has kale in it, I think I can afford to give him an organic lollipop! Go parents!
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- A Dad’s Guide To The Perfect Mother’s Day Breakfast In Bed - April 21, 2017
- Jill McKeever: Bunny Ears & Simple Daily Recipes! - April 10, 2017
- Review: Inside The Beyond Burger – Why It’s So Good - April 8, 2017