Super DAD, Ryan Neufeld Tackles Autism!
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
Today’s guest is seven-year NFL vet, Ryan Neufeld. Ryan played seven years in the NFL and had a chance to play with the Cowboys, Jaguars and Bills, where he finally retired in 2010. Ryan is passionate about supporting families living with autism. He and his wife of 15 years, Dawn Neufeld, now live in Texas with their two kids, one of which was diagnosed with autism at age 3. Since then, Ryan and Dawn have been passionate about leading the charge to help other families just like them get some answers in an area that has very few. Today, Ryan and Dawn actively speak out to let families know they are not alone and Ryan is very involved in the Miracle League in his hometown, which helps children and adults facing serious physical and mental disabilities the opportunity to play sports in a welcomed environment. Today we talk about a lot of things including being a father, briefly about his NFL career and how he and his wife have helped to empower their son to live a wonderful life while living with autism.
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- You can find Ryan Neufeld on his website: http://www.ryan-neufeld.com/
- Learn more about how you can save lives and help spread awareness and acceptance of families living with autism by visiting KultureCity’s website: http://www.kulturecity.org/
- Ryan works with the Miracle League of Frisco, which helps children and adults facing serious physical and mental disabilities the opportunity to play sports in a welcomed environment.
- Ryan’s wife is Dawn Neufeld. She has appeared in the popular VH-1 Series “The Football Wives” and is a professional actress, host and practicing lawyer. She has a wonderful blog called the Gridiron Goddess and had a great post on autism. Check it out here: http://thegridirongoddess.blogspot.com/.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Prebiotic or Probiotic? Which Is Best For Kids? - June 26, 2017
- Vegan Muscle Man Robert Cheeke! - June 21, 2017
- Drafted Into Fatherhood: From Waterboy to Quarterback - June 16, 2017