Prep Time: 5 mins
When you are in a rush, one of the first things that can go is your nutrition. Try to fight that battle by finding brands that can help you make something quick and easy in your own kitchen! Engine 2 Brand foods are amazing and very affordable for what you are getting. Take a look in their products and you will only find the best whole food, real ingredients that will propel your energy through the roof and give you solid nutrition to last throughout the day. For this one, we used the Pinto Habanero plant strong burger, but we crumbled it up after we cooked it to have it serve as some added protein in our wonderful tacos. Couple the pintos with some fresh veggies and you have a beautiful, colorful wrap or taco that you can devour in happiness! Here it is! You can find everything you need at your local Whole Foods, or our favorite, Whole Foods Orlando! Ingredients and Method for making them are listed after the below video.
- 1 whole wheat or gluten free wrap of your choosing (we like the Engine 2 brand wraps)
- 1 handful of spinach or greens of your choice (we used 365 organic spinach)
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 beet, skinned and diced (Love Beets is a great brand in the salad section that you could also use)
- 1 Pinto Habanero Plant Strong Burger from Engine 2 (You can get these at Whole Foods)**
- Daiya Brand Vegan Ranch Dressing (optional)*
*Health Watch! Daiya’s ranch dressing contains non-GMO oils. While many of the oils in these products are non-GMO, all oils are high in saturated fat, calorically dense, and should be limited or eliminated to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
**If you are making this meal for the kiddos and want a slightly less spicy version, go with the Engine 2 Kale and White Bean Plant Strong Burgers instead of the Pinto Habanero.
- To make your tortilla as soft as possible, you might want to zap it in the microwave for 5 seconds or so
- Dice your veggies and start by putting down a nice bed of greens on your tortilla
- Top the spinach with tomatoes, cucumber
- Toast your plant-strong, Engine 2 burger in a toaster oven for 2 rounds of medium heat for the perfect consistency or 45 seconds each side in the microwave per the instructions on the box
- Cut up your Engine 2 burger and put it in the middle of your tortilla
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing (optional of course) and you are good to go!
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Elementary Students Use Bike-Powered Garden To Grow Food - March 22, 2017
- Orange Mango Bliss Smoothie - March 17, 2017
- Instant Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potatoes - March 9, 2017