Sliders make me happy. I know they will make you happy too! Why do they work so well? The reason sliders are so great is that they are warm, delicious, and savory. They are just big enough that you feel satisfied and just small enough to make you feel like you didn’t over-eat. The biggest problem I found when I used to eat meat, was that burgers left me feeling bloated…like I needed to loosen my belt. With these vegan black bean sliders, I get all of the happy with none of the bloat! They are packed with protein from the beans, fresh organic veggies, and just enough seasoning to make your taste buds dance! For me, it’s all about what you use as your base for the burger. There are lots of frozen brands out there, but I can’t say that all of them taste great. Then you have the vegan cheese. Choosing the right vegan cheese is also essential, but no worries…we got you covered! You can find everything you need in your local grocery store.
- Gardein brand frozen black bean sliders
- Daiya cheese slices
- One organic tomato
- One organic avocado
- Your favorite sliced pickles (ours were from our local farmer’s market)
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- A dash of sea salt
- Remove the frozen black bean burger patties (they come in packs of two) from the box and place just the patties in the toaster oven on a medium/high toast setting. We used “7” on ours. It took around five minutes to toast.
- While waiting on the patties to warm, slice your tomato and score your avocado.
- Have your favorite sliced pickles waiting to be the perfect topping at the end of your food masterpiece.
- Once the patties are done with their first round in the toaster (around five minutes), take a daiya cheese slice out and fold in half and then fold it again so you come out with four even pieces. Place two pieces each on the sliders and hit toast again for another five minutes on the same setting, but this time, add the bottom bun of the slides next to the patties so they get nice and toasty too!
- Once the last cycle is done, let the topping begin! Your order from bottom to top should be: bun, patty with melted cheese, tomato, avocado, pickles.
- The final step is sprinkling some cayenne and sea salt on top and you are good to go! Enjoy!
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Elementary Students Use Bike-Powered Garden To Grow Food - March 22, 2017
- Orange Mango Bliss Smoothie - March 17, 2017
- Instant Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potatoes - March 9, 2017