Whenever we say salad, we immediately think lettuce, and when we say lentils, we immediately think of a hot stew. This salad breaks all those ideas and really makes a delicious combination that you will love!
Lentils are usually better digested than other legumes and produce less gas. They are high in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients.
Kale is also full of nutrients like calcium, beta-carotene, vitamin K (very good for your bones) and C (very important in the synthesis of collagen, a substance needed to give flexibility to tendons, bones, hair). If you haven’t tried kale or cabbage, you absolutely must give it a shot!
This recipe was inspired from the Everyday Feasts blog.
- 150 g of green lentils (dry / raw)
- 4 cups kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 small bunch of chives, finely chopped 1/4 cup or about stingless
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I added half)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Lemon zest and juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the lentils in boiling water. Try not to overcook to prevent them from becoming too soft (like 10-15 min.). When they are already cooked, daring the liquid and spread them on a plate to let them cool.
2. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and water to skillet
3. Cook kale for 2 minutes or until you get a vivid green color. Remove from heat.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients with kale. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Let cool completely before serving.