Getting Your Fitness Back On Track with Andrew Noble
What You Will Learn This Episode:
The holidays are now over and you ate too many cookies, treats and food in general. How do you get yourself back on track and make real fitness goals for yourself? How about when you are in a fitness rut and can’t find the motivation you need to get up and go? How does one find the motivation they need to work out? In this episode, we will talk to certified personal trainer, Andrew Noble, as he gives us three main tips to help us get back on track with our fitness goals as we start a new year.
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- Be realistic in your fitness goals. Realistic for yourself. Set goals that are gradual and work your way up to your big goal.
- Set short term goals first and then work your way up to medium and long term goals. Short term goals are categorized as 3 months. Medium goals are more like 3-6 months and finally the long term goal can be years to a lifetime goal.
- Find a good support system to keep you motivated and accountable. Hire a professional personal trainer if you have the means to do so. If not, it’s ok. Ask your husband or wife to help keep you motivated and accountable. Ask them to consider doing something with you so you can do it together!
- Most people gain 10-15 pounds of weight from the period of Halloween through the end of the year
- Create good habits for yourself by getting back to the basics. Do the things that you know are good for you like walking, eating right and drinking lots of water.
- If you are sitting more than 20-25 hours a week at your job, try getting up and moving a bit more at work. Be conscious about how much time you are sitting. Use a Fitbit watch to challenge your friends to increase your physical movement.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Vegan Muscle Man Robert Cheeke! - June 21, 2017
- Drafted Into Fatherhood: From Waterboy to Quarterback - June 16, 2017
- Dick Hoyt – The Dad All Dads Should Look Up To - June 14, 2017