“How ‘about a round of applause” for the small guy…the small business organic, local food shop that opens up in a community with a goal to help people reach optimal health through the food they eat. And yes…I just quoted a Rihanna song because it was the first thing that came to my mind and that is how we roll here on Real IronDAD.
In this case I am talking about Press’d Juice Bar and Kitchen in Winter Garden, FL. This wonderful local restaurant started in a 12’x12′ office in downtown Winter Garden and serves up more food per day than you would think. This grab-and-go style food shop is perfect for someone looking to get the most out of what they eat. You can call your order ahead or stop by and talk with the wonderful ladies in the show while they make you a mind-blowing healthy wrap or other treat. They have a new location, housed right next to the Crooked Can Brewery in Winter Garden.
Why are they so great? Well, not only do you see the famous Hippocrates quote of:
“Let food be thy medicine
and medicine be thy food.”
at the top of their fridge right when you walk in the door, but you also realize as you look the small shop over that they get their food from local farms, use organic produce for their raw recipes and also have a fully vegan menu. Places like these are popping up all over the place and that is a very very good thing. You should totally go out and support these types of shops in your community because:
- You are not going to find better bang for your buck than a place like this for what you are getting. For just under $7 you can get a super big wrap filled with yummy local, organic ingredients that will fuel your body for the entire day and not leave you feeling bloated and sluggish. The wrap I am eating right now is full of avocado, chickpeas, romaine, spinach, house vegan dressing, peppers and cucumbers. WOW! So get over your excuse that this type of food is too expensive. Anything that costs $0.99 and can be ordered at a fast food restaurant can’t be good for you.
- Your purchase will help to keep the doors open. You want places like this around. Places like this surely have a high food cost, so in order for them to stay open, the customer base has to be there. So go get a smoothie from them and not some chain that throws a bunch of fake, sugary junk in them!
- You actually see them making your food. They do it right in front of you and you see everything that went into it. It hasn’t been sitting for six hours under a hot lamp.
In closing, I hope that other entrepreneurs out there will take a look at this type of business model and continue to give it a shot. The little guy is making big waves and changing the way that people think about the food they put in their bodies. Way to go Juice Bar. You get the IronDAD seal of approval!
Check out more on Press’d from a news story when they were just starting out:
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Elementary Students Use Bike-Powered Garden To Grow Food - March 22, 2017
- Orange Mango Bliss Smoothie - March 17, 2017
- Instant Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potatoes - March 9, 2017