Super Healthy Kids with Amy Roskelley
What You Will Learn From This Episode:
Amy Roskelley is one of the founders of the incredibly successful website SuperHealthyKids.com. Together, Amy and her business partner and co-mom Natalie Monson have created a wonderful following. The website has over 6,000 recipes and ideas for you to make eating fruits and veggies super fun for your kids. From their weekly meal plans for parents to their super cute products to help kids enjoy eating healthy foods, these ladies and their team of healthy-minded contributors are really leading the way towards creating healthier kids in our country.
Super Healthy Kids Website: http://www.superhealthykids.com
Amy’s Make-Your-Own Lunch for Kids List of Approved Foods: http://www.superhealthykids.com/school-lunch-supplies-for-healthy-lunches-plus-250-giveaway/
Same type of thing…for sandwiches: http://www.superhealthykids.
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- Have your kids make their own lunch. See above for the link to the list of lunch items that kids can choose from and have them pack their own lunches.
- Don’t worry about the order you eat your food. For instance, eating fruit anytime is a good thing. You don’t have to worry about your body’s digestive cycle…just eat good stuff and you will be fine.
- It is our responsibility as parents to help to keep our kids healthy by giving them the most nutritious foods possible. Come up with a plan on which foods are most important to you in your household. Create a family mission statement.
- Market to your kids just like the big businesses do. Give them prizes for eating certain thing. Use the same tactics they use to fight fire with fire!
- Presentation is everything. Watch the site for creative ways to create amazing looking foods to your kids to fuel their love for fruits and vegetables.
- “X-Ray Carrots” help you see better!
- Make sure to have your kids hungry at dinner. The hungrier they are, the more likely they are to try a new food. Tons of snacks before dinner will only work against you.
Latest posts by Lean Green DAD™ (see all)
- Elementary Students Use Bike-Powered Garden To Grow Food - March 22, 2017
- Orange Mango Bliss Smoothie - March 17, 2017
- Instant Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potatoes - March 9, 2017